City Match-Play Championships
A season-long elimination tournament with multiple divisions.
This match-play tournament runs for the entire season, beginning in May and ending in autumn and champions win great prizes, along with notoriety throughout the year.
Good luck to all competitors!
Junior registration deadline: May 31
Register Here (Juniors Only)
Format & Rules (Updated May 13, 2019)
- Entries and payment must be in by May 15th
- Round #1 to be set up by May 20th
- One-time $10 entry fee per person, per division, plus the Slammer Tour event fee for each round played (CMPC matches not eligible for 1st event Slammer Tour promo); $100 extra for Professional division to be split 75-25 between Champion & Runner-Up
- Prizes and trophies awarded to champs of all divisions as well as runners-up
- For Junior, Senior, Super Senior and Supreme Senior divisions, players are eligible if they are of the relevant age at any time during the calendar year. For example, someone who turns 50 in Novemember is eligible to play in the Senior division, or an 18-year old who turns 19 in March is eligible for the Junior division, even though they will be 19 when competition in underway
- Parent-Child, Mixed and Pairs divisions are combined match-play (add both scores)
- Pairs Division teams consist of one Open/A Division player and one D Division player, or one B Division player and a C Division player
- Mixed is divided into A, B & C where B is for teams with a maximum combined scoring median of 189, and C is for teams with a combined median of 190+
- You may play in a higher division if you like, and you may play in as many divisions as you like
- Single knockout format: lose once and you are out; win and you move to the next round
- All matches will be played at regularly published Slammer Tour events and arranged by both players; your opponent's email address will be provided upon request via Messenger or firstname.lastname@example.org. Slammer Tour members can be contacted using the email convention email@example.com
- Each round will have a published deadline; any match not completed by the published deadline will be declared over and management will select one person to move on based on the following guidelines: individual attempts to play the match and other reasons provided
- Seeding for entrants will be done by lottery except the top four from the previous year will be seeded 1 to 4
- If a match ends in a draw then sudden death extra holes is played, but only if both players agree and the course permits it, otherwise another 18-hole match must be scheduled
- Anyone can enter; don't be shy!
- Players must meet the divisional criteria at the time of registration. If at any time throughout the year a player's scoring median moves substantially below the eligible scoring median (3 or more strokes) then the player will be removed from that division and a default win awarded to his/her opponent; this will be a discretionary call by management based on the evidence provided; if removed, a decision will be made to grant a default win to the previous opponent played (if the match was played within one week prior) or granted to the next player to play
- Once the brackets get to the semi-final rounds, the above rule no longer applies and players cannot be removed
- Maximum of 32 entries per division; first come first served
- Matches are played under Slammer Tour rules; for a summary of the most important rules, click here
- Each division is assigned a tee block and all competitors must play from these tee blocks
- Every Slammer Tour event has an Onsite Coordinator who will report match results to the ClubEG Tournament Committee immediately afterwards